The self-catering cottage was originally built in the early 1900’s for the retiring owners at that time. The cottage lies in a patch of natural fynbos surrounded by agricultural lands. It is out of sight from the main homestead and the farm accommodation, providing privacy and peace! It is only 2km from De Mond Nature Reserve, which is one of the Western Cape’s best-kept secrets!
If you just feel like chilling for the weekend, you will find the cottage very relaxed and comfortably furnished. The views of the farmlands, sea and sunset will calm your soul.
The cottage includes
- Accommodation for 10
- 3 bedrooms (sleeps 6): one en-suite with queen bed & two with 2 single beds in each.
- Loft (sleeps 4)
- Fully equipped with gas fridge, gas stove & oven, indoor cooking fireplace (dover stove) or the choice of two outside braai’s.
- Crockery and cutlery.
- Comfortable Lounge.
- Two bathrooms, one with shower and one with shower and bath
- Paraffin lamps, (no electricity)
- Two outdoor braai areas with wood-burning ‘donkey’ for heating water
- 2 shaded / covered stoep.
- Separate games room
- Wood is provided
- A small farm “reservoir” has been converted into a plunge pool with a deck and is ideal for cooling off, just chilling or sundowners with its views of the sea & dunes.
What to bring
- Bedding (blankets, duvets, sleeping bags)
- Bed linen (pillow cases, sheets etc)
- Cooler Boxes with lots of ICE – gas fridges don’t operate as efficiently as electric fridges. (eg. pre-freeze your milk & bring it frozen.)
- Brikettes / charcoal
- Birding books
- Fynbos books
- Mountain Bikes
- Fishing Gear
- Hiking Boots
Note: Drinking water, paraffin and some firewood is provided.
- Valid from 1 January 2017.
- R1750 per night for the Cottage ( 8-10 people )
- Midweek rates (off peak) are available upon request
- 50% non-refundable deposit is payable on booking & only upon receipt of deposit, booking will be confirmed
- Balance to be paid minimum 14 days before arrival (Note: peak season – balance is due 30 days prior to arrival)
Provided on request only at an additional fee.
Smoking is NOT is permitted in the De Mond Cottage and guests need to be aware of the potential of fire hazards with cigarettes
We regret no pets allowed
Gas fridges take longer to reach the desired temperature upon filling them; we suggest you bring chilled food and an extra cooler box with ice.