The simple, thatched self-catering cottage was originally built in the early 1900’s for the retiring owners at that time. The cottage lies in a area of natural fynbos surrounded by agricultural lands. It is out of sight from the main homestead and the farm accommodation, providing privacy and peace! It is only 2km from De Mond Nature Reserve, which is one of the Western Cape’s best-kept secrets!
If you just feel like chilling for the weekend, you will find the cottage very relaxed and comfortably furnished. The views of the farmlands, sea and sunset will calm your soul.
The cottage includes
- Accommodation for 6-10 persons
- 3 Bedrooms (sleeps 6): en-suite bedroom with queen bed & two bedrooms each with twin/single beds and the loft (sleeps 4): four twin/single beds
- Equipped kitchen with gas fridge, gas stove & small oven
- Crockery and cutlery
- Comfortable Lounge
- Two bathrooms: one en suite with with shower and one with shower and bath
- Paraffin lamps & candles (no electricity)
- Two outdoor braai areas with wood-burning ‘donkey’ for heating water
- Covered verandah
- Separate games room with table tennis & dart board
- Wood is provided for the “donkey” burner
- A small farm reservoir has been converted into a plunge pool with a deck and is ideal for cooling off, just chilling or sundowners with its views of the sea & dunes.
What to bring
- Bed linen or sleeping bags (or bedlinen can be provided on request)
- Towels (bath & beach)
- Cooler Boxes & ice
- Brikettes / charcoal / wood
- Birding books and fynbos books
- Games, beach bats, playing cards
- Mountain Bikes
- Fishing Gear
- Hiking / walking shoes
- Wild Card
Note: Drinking water and some firewood for the “donkey” is provided.
Rates: from base rate of R2300 per night for the Cottage (excludes entry permits into the Nature Reserve)
Linen Bed linen can be provided on request
No Smoking Smoking is NOT is permitted in the cottages and guests must be aware of the potential of cigarettes causing fires!
No Pets We regret no pets allowed