The self-catering cottage was originally built in the early 1900’s for the retiring owners at that time. The cottage lies in a patch of natural fynbos surrounded by agricultural lands. It is out of sight from the main homestead and the farm accommodation, providing privacy and peace! It is only 2km from De Mond Nature Reserve, which is one of the Western Cape’s best-kept secrets!
If you just feel like chilling for the weekend, you will find the cottage very relaxed and comfortably furnished. The views of the farmlands, sea and sunset will calm your soul.
The cottage includes
- Accommodation for 6-10
- 3 Bedrooms (sleeps 6): en-suite bedroom with queen bed & two bedrooms each with twin/single beds
- Loft / upstairs (sleeps 4) four twin/single beds
- Fully equipped kitchen with gas fridge, gas stove & small oven and the choice of two outside braai’s.
- Crockery and cutlery.
- Comfortable Lounge.
- Two bathrooms: one en suite with with shower and one with shower and bath
- Paraffin lamps & candles (no electricity)
- Two outdoor braai areas with wood-burning ‘donkey’ for heating water
- 2 shaded / covered verandahs.
- Separate games room with table tennis & dart board
- Wood is provided for the “donkey” burner
- A small farm reservoir has been converted into a plunge pool with a deck and is ideal for cooling off, just chilling or sundowners with its views of the sea & dunes.
What to bring
- Bedding (blankets, duvets, sleeping bags)
- Bed linen (pillow cases, sheets etc)
- Towels – bath & beach
- Cooler Boxes with ICE – gas fridges operate less efficiently than electric (eg. bring frozen milk)
- Brikettes / charcoal / wood
- Birding books and fynbos books
- Games, beach bats, playing cards
- Mountain Bikes
- Fishing Gear
- Hiking Boots
Note: Drinking water, paraffin and some firewood for the “donkey” is provided.
- Valid from 1 January 2022.
- from R2300 per night for the Cottage (sleeps between 6-10 people ) – Standard rate
- R2600 per night for the Cottage – Peak season rate (December 2022 / January 2023)
- Additional fee for over 10 persons may apply
- Midweek rates (off peak) are available upon request
- A 50% non-refundable deposit is payable on booking
- Upon receipt of deposit is booking confirmed
- Balance to be paid 7 days before arrival (Note: peak season – balance due 30 days prior to arrival)
- Rates do not include Wild Card or Entry Permits into De Mond Nature Reserve
Provided on request only at an additional fee.
Smoking is NOT is permitted in the cottages and guests must be aware of the potential of cigarettes causing fires!
We regret no pets allowed
Gas fridges take longer to reach the desired temperature upon filling them; we suggest you bring chilled food and an extra cooler box with ice.